We appreciate your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with Gaston County Schools.
Below are the qualifications to apply:
- Minimum of one year of college/community college with at least 24 semester hours of credit or
- One year of experience working in a licensed daycare
There are two classifications of Substitute Teachers; pay status will be affected by the classification for which you qualify:
- A certified substitute is one who holds a clear teaching license/certificate from North Carolina or from another state with a pay rate of $91 per day before taxes.
- A non-certified substitute refers to an individual who does not hold a clear teaching license/certificate or who does not hold a teaching license/certificate at all. The rate of pay will be $70 per day before taxes.
To apply, follow the indicated steps:
- Complete an online Substitute Teacher application.
- Submit three written references: a) three current, dated letters are acceptable or b) three completed reference forms that are also available at the above website. References must be completed by individuals who work outside Gaston County Schools.
- Official transcripts required that indicate the completion of at least 24 semester hours or an employer-completed Classified Experience Verification Form.
Once your application process is complete, we will review it and notify you via email of your status. If invited to our half-day Substitute Orientation, you will participate in training, fingerprinting, and completing hiring forms. You will also be scheduled for drug testing.
For more information please contact, Marie Taylor, AESOP Coordinator 704-866-6125.