Answering Comprehension Questions
When answering comprehension questions students are taught to use words and phrases from the question to restate their answer. We stress this in order to teach students how to write complete thoughts and ideas. When you read
your child's answer you should know who, what, where, or how by
the information provided in the answer.
1. What kind of machine were the brothers trying to fly at "Kill Devil Hill?"
2. Describe "Kill Devil Hill."
3. Who offered to help them attempt to fly their machine?
4. Who was older Wilbur or Orville? What page tells you this?
5. Who flew the machine first?
6. How high did it go?
7. How long was the flight?
Chapter 5 & 6
1. What was the address of their home in Dayton?
2. Who came to help Orville & Wilbur?
3. What was he famous for?
4. What were the names of the bicycles the Wright Brothers made themselves?
5. Describe Chanute.
Chapter 7 & 8
1. When did the Wright Brothers return to Kitty Hawk?
2. What invaded their visit?
3. Tell what they finally did to beat the invaders.
4. What was the problem on the day they wanted to start flying?
5. Who were the four men at Kitty Hawk?
6. What did they finally realize was causing the glider not to fly?
What were they using that was wrong?
SPELLING for Wright Brothers
Here are the questions for each weeks
Social Studies Newspaper