Sixth grade students use oral language, written language, and media and technology for expressive, informational, argumentative, critical, and literary purposes. Students also explore the structure of language and study grammatical rules in order to speak and write effectively. While emphasis in sixth grade is placed on personal expression, students also:
- Interpret and synthesize information.
- Develop an understanding of the foundations of argument.
- Critically analyze print and non-print communication.
- Use effective sentence construction and edit for improvements in sentence formation, usage, mechanics, and spelling.
- Interpret and evaluate a wide range of literature