Track & Field Team Tryout Information 2021
- Dates - Track Tryouts are Monday, April 12, 2021 and Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Time - Tryouts begin at 3:45 and end at 5:00
- Check-in - You must wait in socially distanced lines to be checked in to attend tryouts. Remember, if you’re close enough to touch someone, you are too close. On your non-cohort days, please do not arrive before 3:45. You must stay in your cars until it is time for you to check-in.
- Ride - You must have a ride to pick you up in the car rider line by 5:00. No exceptions. You must leave immediately after practice.
- Clothing - You should dress in comfortable clothes - shorts/pants, t-shirt/hoodie, running shoes. Pay attention to the weather and dress accordingly. Layers are best. Please arrive to practice dressed, if at all possible.
- Masks - You must wear a mask over your mouth and nose. You might want to bring an extra just in case.
- Water Bottles - You must have your own water bottle. NO sharing. Put your name on your bottles. Bring extra, if you need or want it. Once we go outside, we will not go back inside.
- No Touching - There is a no touching rule for athletics. No high fives. No fist bumps. No hugging. Etc.
- No spectators - Parents and visitors are not allowed at tryouts or practices.
- You must have the following completed and submitted to Mrs. Word in order to stay for tryouts:
- Athletics Participation Packet
- Current Sports Physical on file at school
- Passed Academic and Attendance Eligibility based upon last semester
Athletic Director - Coach Word, firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys’ Track Team - Coach Miller, email@example.com
Girls’ Track Team - Coach Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys and Girls Track and Field Schedule
Meets start at 4:00
Boys´ Head Coach - Eric Miller
Girls´ Head Coach - Elishia Oliver
*Schedule being finalized*
Wednesday, April 28th @ Forestview versus Friday, Grier and Southwest
Wednesday May 5th @ TBD versus York Chester, Cramerton, Friday