“Community Talks with the Superintendent” Meetings
Thank you for attending the "Community Talks with the Superintendent" meeting in your community. We sincerely appreciate your participation.
More than 1,200 parents, school employees, students, civic leaders and interested citizens participated in the meetings held across the county at
- Ashbrook High School (East Gastonia Area)
- John Chavis Middle School (Cherryville Area)
- Belmont Central Elementary School (South Point Area)
- Bessemer City Central Elementary School (Bessemer City Area)
- Hunter Huss High School (West Gastonia Area)
- East Gaston High School (East Gaston Area)
- Carr Elementary School (Dallas Area)
We received many excellent comments and suggestions – more than 2,100 – from the small discussion groups. We are working now to review all comments.
The comments will help us as we work with the community to plan for the future of Gaston County Schools.
Some common topics/themes from the small discussion groups include:
- Class Size and School Capacity
- Equality from School-to-School
- Parent and Community Partnerships
- School Choice
- Supplies and Resources
- Support for Public Schools
- Teacher Morale
- Testing Requirements
Again, thank you for attending our Community Talks with the Superintendent meetings.
Click here for the Community Talks Summary Report.Click here for the Community Talks Questions and Answers.