- Highland School of Technology
Summer program offers meals for students
Summer feeding program offers meals for students at 18 school sites
Effective Monday, June 15, Gaston County Schools is transitioning its “grab and go” meal program to its annual summer feeding program, but students and parents will not notice much change.
Meals this summer are being distributed at 18 school sites. The sites listed below were used this spring for the “grab and go” program.
▪ Ashbrook High School, 2222 South New Hope Road, Gastonia
▪ H.H. Beam Elementary School, 200 Davis Park Road, Gastonia
▪ Bessemer City High School, 119 Yellow Jacket Lane, Bessemer City
▪ Brookside Elementary School, 1925 Auten Road, Gastonia|
▪ Carr Elementary School, 307 South Pine Street, Dallas|
▪ Chapel Grove Elementary School, 5201 Lewis Road, Gastonia
▪ Cherryville Elementary School, 700 East Academy Street, Cherryville
▪ Grier Middle School, 1622 East Garrison Boulevard, Gastonia
▪ Holbrook Middle School, 418 South Church Street, Lowell|
▪ Hunter Huss High School, 1518 Edgefield Avenue, Gastonia
▪ Kiser Elementary School, 311 East College Street, Stanley
▪ Mount Holly Middle School, 124 South Hawthorne Street, Mount Holly
▪ North Belmont Elementary School, 210 School Street, Belmont
▪ Robinson Elementary School, 3122 Union Road, Gastonia
▪ Tryon Elementary School, 2620 Tryon Courthouse Road, Bessemer City
▪ Warlick Academy, 1316 Spencer Mountain Road, Gastonia
▪ Webb Street School, 1623 North Webb Street, Gastonia
▪ Woodhill Elementary School, 1027 Woodhill Drive, Gastonia
At each location, distribution takes place on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:30 a.m. until 12:00 noon. A meal for Friday is provided on Thursday.
How does the program work?
▪ When you arrive at the meal pickup site that is most convenient for you, look for the school nutrition personnel in the front parking lot.
▪ Go to the distribution area and ask for a meal. The meal will be packaged in a bag.
▪ The meal will be provided to children (age 18 and younger) free-of-charge.
▪ You should plan to take the meal with you – there is not a place to eat on-site.
▪ You may pick up a meal at any of the sites, regardless of where you live or attend school.
If you have a question about our summer feeding program, call (704) 836-9110.