- W.C. Friday Middle School
Summer program offers meals for students
Nutrition program offers meals for students this summer
Gaston County Schools is offering its annual summer nutrition program at school and neighborhood locations across the county.
Meal distribution takes place at 24 non-school summer camp locations and seven bus/neighborhood sites across the county beginning Monday, June 6. Locations serve meals Monday through Thursday each week.
Meal distribution takes place at school sites Monday through Thursday starting Monday, June 13. Breakfast will be served on-site from 7:00 a.m. until 7:30 a.m., and lunch will be served from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Due to federal changes, to-go lunches are no longer available.
Students age 18 and younger may eat meals at the sites free-of-charge. Students may receive a meal at any of the sites regardless of where they live or attend school. All sites will be closed the week of Fourth of July (July 4-8).
Below is a list of the summer meal locations:
Summer Camp Sites: June 6 - August 5
Monday - Thursday between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
▪ Bessemer City Boys and Girls Club, 401 E. Washington Ave., Bessemer City
▪ Dallas Boys and Girls Club (Venture Church), 800 East Main Street, Dallas
▪ Blast Summer Camp, 2315 Union Road, Gastonia
▪ St. Stephens Church, 201 W. Franklin Blvd., Gastonia
▪ Warlick YMCA, 2221 Robinwood Road, Gastonia
▪ Phillips Center, 2031 Echo Lane, Gastonia
▪ Cherryville YMCA, 215 N. Mountain Street, Cherryville
▪ West Gastonia Boys and Girls Club, 310 S. Boyd Street, Gastonia
▪ T. Jeffers Center, 121 Hartman Street, Gastonia
▪ Rise for Gaston, 427 Edwin Street, Gastonia
▪ Lowell Unit, 427 Edwin Street, Gastonia
▪ Loray Mill Museum, 300 S. Firestone Street, Gastonia
▪ Cline Learning Center, 611 E. Trade Street, Dallas
▪ Anthony Grove Baptist Church, 100 Anthony Grove Road, Crouse
▪ Dream Center Academy, 635 S. Myrtle School Road, Gastonia
▪ Erwin Center, 913 N. Pryor Street, Gastonia
▪ YMCA Flowers Court Apartments, 51 Flowers Court, Belmont
▪ Pharr YMCA, 208 Main Street, McAdenville
▪ Bradley Community Center, 1200 Modena Street, Gastonia
▪ Boys and Girls Club Bradley Teen Center, 1425 W. Franklin Blvd., Gastonia
▪ First Wesleyan Christian School, 208 S. Church Street, Gastonia
▪ Legacy Event Center, 207 S. Chestnut Street, Gastonia
▪ YMCA Holly Hills Apartments, 311 Hawthorne Street, Mount Holly
▪ Stowe YMCA, 196 YMCA Drive, Belmont
There are bus sites in seven neighborhoods where families can pick up a meal. See the list below.
Bus Sites: June 7 - August 5
Pick up lunch only Monday - Thursday; times vary for each site
▪ Lineberger Park, 632 East Garrison Boulevard, Gastonia; 10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
▪ Smyre Park, 2851 Millstone Drive, Gastonia; 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
▪ High Shoals Park, 103 State Street, Lincolnton; 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
▪ Oak Grove Park, Oak Grove Park Road, Dallas; 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
▪ Trey McGee Park, 108 River Loop Road, Belmont; 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
▪ Bessemer City Pool, 200 N. 14th St, Bessemer City; 12:05 - 1:00 p.m.
▪ Long Creek Apartments, Lower-Dallas Highway, Dallas; 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.
School Sites: June 13 - June 30
Monday - Thursday from 7:00 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
▪ Ashbrook High School, 2222 S. New Hope Road, Gastonia
▪ Belmont Middle School, 1020 South Point Road, Belmont
▪ Bessemer City High School, 119 Yellow Jacket Lane, Bessemer City
▪ Brookside Elementary School, 1925 Auten Road, Gastonia
▪ Chavis Middle School, 103 S. Chavis Drive, Cherryville
▪ Cherryville High School, 313 Ridge Avenue, Cherryville
▪ East Gaston High School, 1744 Lane Road, Mt Holly
▪ Forestview High School, 5545 Union Road, Gastonia
▪ Grier Middle School, 1622 E. Garrison Boulevard, Gastonia
▪ Holbrook Middle School, 418 S. Church Street, Lowell
▪ Lingerfeldt Elementary School, 1601 Madison Street, Gastonia
▪ North Belmont Elementary School, 210 School Street, Belmont
▪ North Gaston High School, 1133 Ratchford Road, Dallas
▪ Pleasant Ridge Elementary School, 1260 Floyd Lane, Gastonia
▪ Sadler Elementary School, 3950 W. Franklin Boulevard, Gastonia
▪ Sherwood Elementary School, 1744 Dixon Road, Gastonia
▪ Springfield Elementary School, 900 S. Main Street, Stanley
▪ South Point High School, 906 South Point Road, Belmont
▪ Southwest Middle School, 1 Roadrunner Drive, Gastonia
▪ Stanley Middle School, 317 Hovis Road, Stanley
▪ Tryon Elementary School, 2620 Tryon Courthouse Road, Bessemer City
▪ W.C. Friday Middle School, 1221 Ratchford Road, Dallas
For more information about the summer nutrition program, call (704) 836-9110.