Returning Your Chromebook and Charger
All GVA students must return their Chromebook and charger to GVA (Forest Heights Bldg.) at the end of school on the dates below.
GVA Chromebooks and Chargers Collection Dates/Time:
Kindergarten: Thurs., June 2nd, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
1st Grade: Thurs., June 2nd, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
2nd Grade: Thurs., June 2nd, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
3rd Grade: Fri., June 3rd, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
4th Grade: Fri., June 3rd, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
5th Grade: Fri., June 3rd, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
6th Grade: Mon., June 6th, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
7th Grade: Mon., June 6th, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
8th Grade: Mon., June 6th, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
9th Grade: Tues., June 7th, 9:00 am - 10:30 am
10th Grade: Tues., June 7th, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
11th Grade: Tues., June 7th, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Attention 12th grade - Seniors (Graduating): Mrs. Hall-Williamson has notified you of your scheduled dates and time to return your Chromebook and charger.
Don’t forget to clean and report any damage/issues as noted below.
* Students must return their Chromebook and charger in good condition and clean (see directions below).
* Students must report any damage or issues to their Chromebook or charger immediately. Bring a written description in regards to any damage or issues with you when you return your Chromebook. You will also need to fill out the Tech Work Order Form online NOW in order for Techs to plan for any replacement parts. Here’s the direct link to the Tech Work Order Form.
* Note any student damage will be invoiced for the replacement part(s) or for the full replacement of the Chromebook. This will need to be paid in full prior to the student’s return to school (Aug. 1, 2022).
*If the student doesn’t return their Chromebook and charger, they will be responsible for the replacement cost of the Chromebook, charger, and Chromebook License as noted in the GVA Chromebook Agreement.
*Any and all fees due to student damage, lost, stolen, or misplacement of a student Chromebook and/or charger will be invoiced to the student’s account. These fees will
be on their school account and will transfer with them even if they transfer to another school, county, state, or country if not paid in full. The Financial Manager will set up a payment plan if you are unable to pay in full.
How do I clean my Chromebook and charger?
1. Completely power down your Chromebook.
2. Disconnect any cables or peripherals that are plugged into your Chromebook. This will allow you to access and clean every part of the device.
3. DO NOT USE LIQUID to clean the Chromebook. Use a dry, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the Chromebook and charger.
4. Completely wipe down the entire Chromebook, including the screen and around each key of the keyboard and charger.
5. Close the Chromebook and carefully bundle up your charger (rubber bands can be used to hold the cord and power adapter together).
Dear GVA Edgenuity Student,
All high school courses require that you take an exam:
* For Seniors taking Edgenuity courses, you must take the exam by Thursday, May 26.
* For underclassmen taking Edgenuity courses, you must take the exam by Friday, May 27.
We have opened up "free movement" within the Edgenuity courses in order to make the exam available to all students effective immediately. The target date for the completion of Edgenuity coursework is set for May 27.
If you have completed your Edgenuity coursework, your exam has automatically become available to you. Even if you haven't yet finished all of the other assignments, your exam is open and available at this time. If the exam is not completed by May 26th for Seniors and May 27th for underclassmen, a grade of 0% will be recorded.
Please remember that exams account for 20% of the final grade on high school courses.