Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Classification as a current high school senior
- Residency in Gaston County or the child of a CaroMont Health employee
- Scholastic Achievement: GPA of at least 3.75, unweighted
- Pursuit of an undergraduate degree in a health care profession
- Demonstration of strong school and community involvement through volunteerism
- Completed application
- Official High School transcript
- Three completed recommendation forms (one of which must be the student’s high school school counselor)
CaroMont Health Foundation
RE: Shovelin Scholarship
2525 Court Drive
Gastonia, NC 28054
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m (RECEIVED). on Thursday, December 1, 2016.
Tips for Applicants:
- No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
- Students must intend to pursue a health-related career.
- Students should type their answers, handwritten applications can be difficult to decipher.
- This scholarship is open to all high schools in Gaston County.