Substitute Teacher Information
We appreciate your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with Gaston County Schools.
Below are the qualifications to apply:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21.
- There are two classifications of Substitute Teachers; pay status will be affected by the classification for which you qualify:
- A certified substitute is one who holds a clear teaching license/certificate from North Carolina or from another state with a pay rate of $130 per day before taxes.
- A non-certified substitute refers to an individual who does not hold a clear teaching license/certificate at all. The rate of pay will be $112.50 per day before taxes.
To apply, follow the indicated steps:
- To complete an online application, you will select Substitute Certified or Substitute Non-Certified.
- List three references, you must have their email addresses. The system will email them the reference form to fill out and submit back to your application. You may not use Gaston County School employees as
- Certified applicants, please upload a copy of your current or expired teaching license.
Once your application process is complete, please email me. We will review it and notify you via email of your status. If selected, you will be emailed the forms for the drug test and fingerprinting. Once we have your complete background report, an offer letter will be sent. You will then get the new hire forms by email to fill out. Once you have done all those, you will be able to start subbing.
For more information, please contact Ruth Dionicio, AESOP Coordinator, at 704-810-8820 or email at email@example.com.