Substitute Teacher Information
We appreciate your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with Gaston County Schools.Below are the qualifications to apply:
There are two classifications of Substitute Teachers; pay status will be affected by the classification for which you qualify:
- Minimum of one year of college/community college with at least 24 semester hours of credit OR
- One year of experience working in a licensed daycare
To apply, follow the indicated steps:
- A certified substitute is one who holds a clear teaching license/certificate from North Carolina or from another state with a pay rate of $103 per day before taxes.
- A non-certified substitute refers to an individual who does not hold a clear teaching license/certificate or who does not hold a teaching license/certificate at all. The rate of pay will be $80 per day before taxes.
Once your application process is complete, we will review it and notify you via email of your status. If selected, you will compete the online orientation. You will be scheduled to come in to go over important points and given the forms for drug testing and fingerprints. Once we have your complete background report, you will be able to start subbing.
- Complete an online application, select substitute under position desired.
- List three references, you must have their email addresses. The system will email them the reference form to fill out and submit back to your application.
- Official transcripts required that indicate the completion of at least 24 semester hours OR an employer-completed Verification of Daycare Experience Form.
For more information please contact, Marie Taylor, AESOP Coordinator 704-866-6125. The best way to contact is by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)