A Gaston County Schools volunteer is described as a person who willingly undertakes a service of an assigned task performed within Gaston County Schools and under the approval of the school administration.
Volunteer Orientation dates:
Postponed until further notice.
Click here to reactivate your application.
- Mentor (see become a mentor)
- Reading Soul Mate volunteer
- Junior Achievement volunteer
- Girls On The Run/ Let Me Run volunteer
- Clerical volunteer
- Classroom volunteer
- Special Projects volunteer
- Parent Advisory Council Officer, PTO Officer, Booster Club Officer and any other volunteer tasks designated by the school administration.
- To volunteer with Gaston County Schools please submit an on-line volunteer application at: www.gastonschoolvolunteers.com. When you register, you will create a personal user name and password for your profile. You will use this to update your information and also to reactivate your application at the start of the new school year. Your profile information is only available to the (principal) at the school(s) you selected and the Director of Gaston County Schools Business Partnerships Office. (Following North Carolina law, we will not give your information to anyone else. We utilize a secure web server with encrypted information.
- A background check is required of all volunteers. A volunteer Code of Conduct is included in the on-line application that outlines expectations of volunteers. By initialing the appropriate box on the application, you acknowledge that you have read the Code of Conduct and agree to a national background check, as well as ongoing reviews. If needed, additional references may be requested.
- Select the school or schools where you plan to volunteer and electronically submit the application.
- You will receive email confirmation when the application clears the screening process and instructions to attend a Volunteer Orientation training session.
If you need access to a computer please contact the school where you plan to volunteer and you will receive assistance.
*Please note, mentors require an additional one hour training session. Click here
for a list of dates.