Registration for the 2018-2019 school year is taking place now at the former Forest Heights Elementary School, #1 Learning Place, Gastonia.You may complete the enrollment packet prior to coming to registration by using the following link. This will save you time during the registration process at Forest Heights Elementary.
Click here for the English enrollment packet.
Click here for the Spanish enrollment packet.
The North Carolina Kindergarten Health Assessment Form may be picked up at the Gaston County Health Department or at your local physician's office.
What to Bring for Registration
Kindergarten (child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2018)
- Birth certificate or proof of age/birth date (proof of parentage)
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child*
- Two current proofs of residence documents within 30 days (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent or mortgage bill) or Residence Affidavit**
- Current immunization/shot record
- Health assessment (completed on or after August 28, 2017)
*Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child: North Carolina law requires that a biological parent, court ordered legal guardian/custodian (court document required), or Department of Social Services (DSS) placement representative (kinship paperwork required) should present a child for school enrollment (this excludes stepparents.) Persons registering a child for kindergarten should be prepared to present a valid ID and/or required legal documentation at registration.**Residence Affidavit: If the parent/guardian of child does not have any “proof of residence” bills in his/her name and lives with others, a Residence Affidavit must be obtained at registration. The following is required to obtain a Residence Affidavit:
Please call the Gaston County Schools Student Assignment Office, (704) 810-7284, if you have questions.
- Child’s parent/guardian must be present and have his/her valid ID
- The person a child’s family resides with and who has “proof of residence” bills in his/her name must be present and have his/her valid ID
- Two current “proof of residence” bills within 30 days (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent or mortgage)
- Residence Affidavits may be obtained at the registration site. Please bring all required documents and persons involved must be present.