You may register now! Parents/guardians may register online or in person at the Gaston County Schools Student Assignment Office, which is located at the former Forest Heights Elementary, #1 Learning Place, Gastonia.
The North Carolina Kindergarten Health Assessment Form may be picked up at the Gaston County Health Department or at your local physician's office.
What to Bring for Registration
Kindergarten (child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2019)
- Birth certificate or proof of parentage
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child*
- Two current proofs of residence documents within 30 days (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent or mortgage bill) or Residence Affidavit**
- Up-to-date immunization/shot record; and
- Health assessment (completed on or after August 26, 2018) by a certified health care professional
*Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child: North Carolina law requires that a biological parent, court ordered legal guardian/custodian (court document required), or Department of Social Services (DSS) placement representative (kinship paperwork required) should present a child for school enrollment (this excludes stepparents.) Persons registering a child for kindergarten should be prepared to present a valid ID and/or required legal documentation at registration.
"No proof of Residence"
If you do not have proof of residence documents in your name, please contact the office of Student Assignment 704-810-7284.