Kindergarten Registration: School Year 2021-2022
Kindergarten (child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2021)
- Birth certificate or proof of parentage
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child*
- Two current proofs of residence documents within 30 days (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent or mortgage bill) or Residence Affidavit**
- Up-to-date immunization/shot record; and
- Health assessment (completed on or after August 23, 2020) by a certified health care professional
*Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child: North Carolina law requires that a biological parent, court ordered legal guardian/custodian (court document required), or Department of Social Services (DSS) placement representative (kinship paperwork required) should present a child for school enrollment (this excludes stepparents.) Persons registering a child for kindergarten should be prepared to present a valid ID and/or required legal documentation at registration.
"No proof of Residence"
If you do not have proof of residence documents in your name, please contact the office of Student Assignment 704-810-7284.