Career and Technical Education
Our mission is to empower students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy.Gaston County Schools' Career & Technical Education Core Values:
The North Carolina Career & Technical Education Vision Statement:
- A Commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Continually striving to reach optimum performance.
- Combine creative leadership, cutting-edge curriculum design, and effective instructional delivery for an ever-changing global economy.
- Work that is respected and has meaning and value.
- Adapting and upgrading individual skills in a rapidly changing world.
- Students view CTE as an integral part of the "whole school experience", and
- Parents recognize that CTE is paramount to achieving educational and career goals, and
- North Carolina retains and successfully recruits new business and industry because of a well-prepared workforce, and
- Partnerships within the educational community provide a seamless transition to educational and career goals.
Catawba Heights Elementary and Stanley Middle School took overall top honors in the sixth annual Gaston County Schools robotics competition held Saturday, March 11 at Forestview High School. The two schools, along with six others that had the top scores among all participating teams, will represent Gaston County in the western regional robotics competition on April 29.
Public Notice StatementCareer and Technical Education: Gaston County Schools offers a wide range of Career and Technical Education Courses. Program offerings include Business & Marketing, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health Sciences, and Trades & Industrial courses. In compliance with federal laws, Gaston County Schools’ Career and Technical Education Department administers educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, Boy Scouts of America affiliation, disability, or gender.Inquiries should be directed to:Judy Leahy, Director of Compliance, Title II (ADA) and Section 504 for Gaston County Schools at 215 W. Third Ave. Gastonia NC 28052 (704) 866-6245Declaración de Aviso PúblicoEducación de Carrera y Técnica: Las Escuelas del Condado de Gaston ofrece una amplia gama de cursos de educación vocacional y técnica. Los programas ofrecidos incluyen Negocios y Marketing, Familia y Ciencias del Consumidor, Ciencias de la Salud, y cursos Técnicos & Operaciones Industriales. En cumplimiento con las leyes federales, el Departamento de Educación de Carrera y Técnica de las Escuelas del Condado de Gaston administra programas educativos, actividades de empleo y admisiones sin discriminación por raza, religión, origen nacional o étnico, color, edad, servicio militar, afiliación de Boy Scouts of America, discapacidad, o géneroPreguntas deben ser dirigidas a:Judy Leahy, Directora de Cumplimiento, Título II (ADA) y la Sección 504 para las Escuelas del Condado de Gaston en 215 W. Third Ave. Gastonia, NC 28052 (704) 866-6245