Gaston At Home
Gaston County Schools is pleased to offer academic/instructional materials for students through our “Gaston At Home” program.
This online resource provides a focus on academics for students while our schools are closed because of concerns related to the coronavirus.
Students/parents may download the materials for the appropriate grade level/subject. The materials include activities that serve as a review of lessons already taught this school year.
Click here to access the “Gaston At Home” webpage.
Please note that if students/parents do not have the ability to access the materials online or cannot print them, parents may stop by their child’s school to pick up a printed copy.
If you have questions, please contact your child’s school.
Resources for Parents and Students
The significant relationship between parent involvement and student achievement is well documented. Research shows that when parents are involved with their children’s education, students earn better grades, score higher on standardized tests, have better attendance records and show a more positive attitude toward school.
Being involved in your child’s education is as easy as ABC.
1. Make sure your child attends school every day on time and that your child completes his or her homework every day.
2. Attend parent-teacher conferences and workshops whenever possible in order to help your child learn.
3. Make sure your child reads for 20 to 30 minutes every day. Your child can read aloud, be read to, or read to him or herself.
4. Contact teachers or staff when you are concerned or have a question about your child.
5. Provide study space, reading and math materials and learning opportunities for your child, in the home or through the library, church or community.
6. Volunteer in your child’s class or school when possible.
This section of our website also provides parents and students with important information and useful links.