- Lingerfeldt Elementary School
It’s time to register for kindergarten
Register now for kindergarten in Gaston County Schools
It’s time to register for kindergarten in Gaston County Schools!
With the new school year beginning earlier than in past years (the first day of school for students is Wednesday, August 17), it is especially important for parents to go ahead and register their child now. Doing so will help elementary schools in preparing for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Kindergarten registration is available online: www.gaston.k12.nc.us/kindergartenregistration, and parents are encouraged to complete the registration process electronically.
However, parents who cannot register online or who need help with the registration process can visit the Gaston County Schools Student Assignment Office, which is at the former Forest Heights Elementary School building located off of Myrtle School Road in Gastonia. Summer office hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
To register for kindergarten, a child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2022. Parents/guardians must provide the following to register:
▪ The child’s birth certificate or proof of parentage
▪ Valid ID of parent/guardian who is registering the child
▪ Two proofs of current address (such as a power, water, gas, cable, internet, or landline telephone bill, lease, or mortgage)
▪ An up-to-date immunization/shot record
▪ Health assessment form completed on or after August 17, 2021 by a certified health care professional
Anyone with questions about kindergarten registration may call the Student Assignment Office, (704) 810-7284.
Gaston County Schools is accepting applications for pre-kindergarten. Children who will be four years old on or before August 31, 2022 may apply for pre-kindergarten.
For more information about pre-kindergarten registration and the requirements and to register online, visit www.gaston.k12.nc.us/prekindergarten. Anyone with questions about pre-kindergarten registration may call (704) 866-6124.