- North Belmont Elementary School
‘Do the Right Thing’ winners recognized at baseball game
Gaston County Schools recognizes “Do the Right Thing” award winners at baseball game
Gaston County Schools honored the students who were chosen as the ‘Do the Right Thing’ award winners for the 2021-2022 academic year. The recognition took place during the pre-game ceremony of the Gastonia Honey Hunters baseball game on Tuesday, May 17.
Each award recipient was recognized on the field at CaroMont Health Park prior to the game between the Honey Hunters and Southern Maryland Blue Crabs. In addition, students and their parents/guests were treated to a picnic dinner and able to watch the game in celebration of their achievement. The students also were greeted by “Bam,” the Honey Hunters mascot.
Below is a list of the award winners. The ‘Do the Right Thing’ program runs for seven months from October through April, and the monthly winners are featured in The Gaston Gazette, on the Gaston County Schools website and Facebook page, and on Spectrum Channel 21, which is the Education Station for Gaston County Schools.
October ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Bill Glover, Tryon Elementary
- Savana Royston, Robinson Elementary
- Samantha Munoz-Hernandez, Cramerton Middle
- Kalib Smith, South Point High
November ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Sofia Crane, Cherryville Elementary
- Austin Aviles, Gaston County Virtual Academy
- Tyrese Cooper, Holbrook Middle
- Mya Bumeter, Stuart W. Cramer High
December ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Rakiell Mackins, Lingerfeldt Elementary
- Ellie Messer, Costner Elementary
- Sophia Payne, Belmont Middle
- Malachi Coleman, Hunter Huss High
January ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Alaisha McCorkle, Rankin Elementary
- Seth Lahmann, New Hope Elementary
- Lanisha Lindsay, Grier Middle
- Kadin Beaver, Cherryville High
February ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Carson Walters, Carr Elementary
- Teverean Steele, Gardner Park Elementary
- Ariel Pagan, York Chester Middle
- Riley Royer, Bessemer City High
March ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Stella Taylor, W.A. Bess Elementary
- Judy Serrano, W.B. Beam Intermediate
- Kaydence Crews, Mount Holly Middle
- Andre Gaddy, Gaston Early College of Medical Sciences
April ‘Do the Right Thing’ winners
- Jace Lineberger, Page Primary
- Zayden Miller, Brookside Elementary
- Alexandria Price, Southwest Middle
- Sydney Crain, North Gaston High
‘Do the Right Thing’ is a long-standing student recognition program for Gaston County Schools and The Gaston Gazette. It brings attention to students who distinguish themselves by their positive actions whether big or small. The students exhibit kindness, responsibility, and good character, and they strive to make a difference in the lives of others without expecting anything in return.
The recognition at the baseball game was made possible through financial sponsorship from The Gaston Gazette and CaroMont Health in partnership with Gaston County Schools and the Gastonia Honey Hunters.
Congratulations to our ‘Do the Right Thing’ award winners for 2021-2022!