Students chosen for all-district band clinic
The region’s top band students are coming to Gaston County for all-district clinic
Ten students were chosen to represent Gaston County Schools in the South Central All-District Band Clinic, which was held on Friday, January 28 at Stuart W. Cramer High School. More than 350 students from across a 10-county region in the Charlotte area participated in the clinic.
Here is a list of the 10 students who represented Gaston County Schools in the South Central District All-District Band Clinic:
▪ Jerry Bradley, South Point High School
▪ Mattie Grace Branham, East Gaston High School
▪ Hayden Dillard, East Gaston High School
▪ Bailey Dugan, Cherryville High School
▪ Aaron Hollar, East Gaston High School
▪ Josh Lindsay, Stuart W. Cramer High School
▪ Matthew Loudon, W.C. Friday Middle School
▪ Hailey Royall, Stuart W. Cramer High School
▪ Ruby Ruiz, W.C. Friday Middle School
▪ Jackson Smith, Forestview High School
The forecast for inclement weather forced event organizers to have an abbreviated version of the two-day clinic. The middle school and high school concerts that were originally scheduled for Saturday afternoon, January 29 were changed to Friday. The students spent most of the day on Friday practicing at Stuart W. Cramer, Forestview, and South Point high schools before coming together Friday evening in the Stuart W. Cramer auditorium for the concerts.
Alice Aldredge from River Oaks Middle School in North Charleston, South Carolina directed the middle school concert band, and Carrie Lineberger from Belmont Middle School led the middle school symphonic band. Joshua Stevenson from Mooresville High School directed the grades 9-10 high school band, and Dr. Scott Tobias, director of bands at West Virginia University, conducted the grades 11-12 high school band.
Gaston County Schools’ middle school and high school band directors coordinated the clinic, which featured the top band students from across the region. Students selected for the all-district band go through an audition process.