School Based Therapy
Support, Inc. & John Chavis Middle School
**** Due to COVID-19 and the current school schedule, all school based therapy is done by teletherapy. Please contact Support, Inc. to schedule your therapy sessions. ****
Gaston County Schools contracts with Support, Inc. to provide school based therapy at John Chavis Middle School. This means, with parent permission, students may receive therapeutic services at John Chavis Middle School. Here is the process:
- Parents sign the referral and release of information forms at John Chavis Middle School. You may also call directly to Support, Inc.
- The school sends the referral to Support, Inc.
- Support, Inc. contacts parents to schedule the first appointment. Parents and student attend the first appointment at one of the Support offices. This is so parents can sign all of the paperwork. We want to be sure parents are included in the entire process.
- After the initial appointment, parents and student will meet with the therapist at JCMS for the first time to go over a treatment plan.
- Once these initial appointments are completed, the student will begin seeing the school based therapist at JCMS according to the treatment plan decided by the parents, student and therapist.
To schedule intake and for further questions, you may contact:
Dori Starks, Engagement Specialist