The A.S.P.I.R.E. PLUS program is a fee-based after school program serving Pinewood students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. Our goal is to provide a variety of activities that will enrich the lives of Gaston County students and help them grow academically and personally. We will also emphasize the building of social, physical, and emotional skills through activities like the arts, STEM, journalism, character education, and physical activity.
The A.S.P.I.R.E. Plus program consists of the following activities:
- An afternoon snack
- Independent reading
- General Math/Reading/Science Instruction
- Enrichment/movement activities
The vision of A.S.P.I.R.E. PLUS is to provide opportunities for students to experience personal growth and success through positive support of faculty, parents, and the community. The program seeks to provide high quality academic and enrichment opportunities.
To ensure readiness skills for the 21st century, A.S.P.I.R.E. will provide a quality education that promotes various learning styles in a safe, mutually respectful, and nurturing environment. Students will be engaged during out of school time. We will engage in a dual capacity framework where we offer literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.
- Education is a shared responsibility. It is a partnership of the student, home, educational institution, and community.
- All children can learn given appropriate time, instruction, and access to resources.
- Students must be assessed in a variety of ways to demonstrate their achievement.
- Students and staff will feel safe, cared for, and accepted in our learning environment.
- We will recognize and celebrate the individuality of every learner.
Dr. Cynthia Reynolds
Director for Federal Programs