Mission and Vision
Our School's Vision
South Point High School will be recognized for excellence in student achievement, the application of best practices, outstanding personnel and quality facilities. Parental involvement in our school and collaboration with local partnerships will reflect a strong community value for education. This vision will prepare our students for life and work in the 21st century.Our School’s Purpose
The purpose of South Point High School is to provide high quality instruction that will support exemplary learning ensuring the highest achievement for all students. By creating partnerships between teachers, administrators, parents and members of the community, we will prepare our students for college and careers.Our School’s Direction
The direction of South Point High School is to provide exemplary instruction, guidance, and leadership that will support student centered learning, ensure the highest level of achievement for all students, and prepare them for a global society.To lead us toward our purpose and direction, our school community shares the following beliefs:
- Student learning is the chief priority for our school. To support our school’s direction, we will continually seek to improve instructional delivery methods for our students. Students will be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their individual learning styles.
- A variety of extracurricular activities will promote well rounded students.
- Teachers, administrators, staff, parents and community share the responsibility for advancing the school's direction in an ethical manner.
- Students share the responsibility of their learning with their teachers, counselors,administrators and parents.
- South Point graduates will become productive, successful citizens of a global economy through multiple and diverse student-centered learning experiences.