Career Technical Education
- Middle School Camp Gaston 2023
- High School Career Camp 2023
- 2023 Virtual Career Fair
- Middle School Links
- NC Careers
- Videos, Virtual Tours & Surveys
- Automotive Course Evaluation
- Career Signing Day 2019
- Business Advisory Council Meetings
- CTE Career Cluster Questionnaire
- Career Pathway Programs of Study Implementation Needs Assessment (Teachers, Parents, Students)
- Equal Access to High Quality CTE Programs Needs Assessment (Teachers, Parents, Students)
- Labor Market Alignment Needs Assessment (Industry Partners)
- Recruitment, Retention & Training of CTE Teachers Needs Assessment (Teachers and Administrators)
- Size, Scope & Quality of CTE Needs Assessment (Students)
- Gaston County Schools
Students participate in Career Signing Day
Students sign a ‘letter of intent’ to work for a local company
Six seniors in the Class of 2022 walked across the graduation stage in June to receive their high school diploma and already had a new job waiting for them.
The students participated in the Gaston County Schools Career Signing Day ceremony on June 16. The event, which is similar to career signing events that typically involve college athletes, was a time for the students to be recognized for their achievements and to signify their intent to work for one of three local companies.
The Career Signing Day is organized by Gaston County Schools’ Career and Technical Education program. During the ceremony, the students “signed” for jobs with GSM Services, Dixon Valve, and Joffie Contracting Services. Each student was given a Certificate of Achievement, which was signed alongside a representative from each company.
Through the Career and Technical Education program, students gain valuable knowledge in a particular career field and have opportunities to earn industry-recognized credentials, which gives them an advantage as they enter the workforce after high school. All middle schools and high schools in Gaston County Schools offer Career and Technical Education classes. Click here for an article about Career and Technical Education expanding to include fifth graders.
Below is a list of the companies and students who participated in the Career Signing Day:
Francisco Baez, Stuart W. Cramer High School
Sean Brabham, Stuart W. Cramer High School
Cameron Owens, North Gaston High School
Joffie Contracting Services
Mohammad Antonio Gonzales Hernandez, Forestview High School
Antonio Esparza, Forestview High School
Luis Esteban, Forestview High School
The ceremony was recorded, and it premiered the week of July 11-17 on Spectrum Cable Channel 21, which is the Education Station for Gaston County Schools. It will air on Channel 21 at other times this summer. You can watch now by clicking the video below.