School Based Therapy

  • Gaston County Schools has agreements in place with agencies to offer school based therapy. You may request a referral from the school counselor or social worker at your student's school. Each school is assigned to receive School Based Therapy from a specific agency. If you choose to have a referral with the assigned agency, then services may be delivered in the school. Mental health services are a consumer choice, so you may choose to work with any agency for other services delivered outside of the school setting, including outpatient counseling. Each agency will discuss insurance and payment options for services (including school based therapy) with you at the intake meeting.
    The contact numbers for the agencies are listed below.
        • Gaston Adolescent Center (704) 691-7561
        • Kintegra -  (704) 874-9005
        • Support, Inc.- (704) 865-3525