Pre-Kindergarten (child must be four years old on or before August 31, 2017)
Kindergarten (child must be five years old on or before August 31, 2017) *Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child: North Carolina law requires that a biological parent, court ordered legal guardian/custodian (court document required), or Department of Social Services (DSS) placement representative (kinship paperwork required) should present a child for school enrollment (this excludes stepparents.) Persons registering a child for kindergarten should be prepared to present a valid ID and/or required legal documentation at registration.
- Proof of child's age
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child *
- Two proofs of residence documents (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent or mortgage bill) or Residence Affidavit**
- Proof of income for parent/guardian living in home with child (recent check stub is preferred)
- Current immunization/shot record
- Health assessment (completed on or after August 28, 2016)
**Residence Affidavit: If the parent/guardian of child does not have any “proof of residence” bills in his/her name and lives with others, a Residence Affidavit must be obtained at registration. The following is required to obtain a Residence Affidavit:
- Child’s parent/guardian must be present and have his/her valid ID
- The person a child’s family resides with and who has “proof of residence” bills in his/her name must be present and have his/her valid ID
- Two current “proof of residence” bills (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent or mortgage)
- Residence Affidavits may be obtained at the registration site. Please bring all required documents and persons involved must be present.
Please call the Gaston County Schools Student Assignment Office, (704) 810-7284, if you have questions.