Scholarships - GastonCountyScholarships.com
Welcome to GastonCountyScholarships.com! This page is the starting point for scholarship searches for students attending Gaston County Schools. We have partnered with the Going Merry scholarship website. This site has streamlined the process for scholarship applications for students. Students are encouraged to create an account. Going Merry will match you with national, state, and local scholarship opportunities based on your profile. You can complete many scholarship applications directly in the website. There are some scholarships that may link you to the scholarship application on a separate website.
Once a student creates an account on Going Merry, the student will receive matched scholarships and reminders about application deadlines. Students can see scholarships in a general list below. This list is also provided on each high school’s page. This information will replace the monthly scholarship newsletters.Some scholarships require nomination or support from school counseling staff. Please check with your high school for individual deadlines. Click here for a newsletter including these scholarships.
If you find any problems with any of the scholarship links on this page, or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Ami Parker by e-mail at email@example.com.
(1) We are excited to announce the release of the 2021 Wayne F. Shovelin Scholarship application! The link is active, and students can begin applying immediately. The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 13, 2020.
(2) E.R. & Lillian B. Dimmette Scholarship application (due to school counselor by Jan. 8, 2021). Each school can submit one nominee for consideration, then the district will select two nominees who will be sent the application link. A pre-qualification application is linked below. Scholarship selections are based on academic performance, financial need, school/community involvement, personal achievement. Preference is given to nominees who are first generation college attendees.
(3) SECU People Helping People Scholarship 2021
Important Updates for 2021 SECU People Helping People Scholarship
* Gaston County Schools may award 8 scholarships; no longer one per high school
* Must be a member of State Employees Credit Union or eligible for membership through a parent or guardian (NCSECU will verify)
* Must file a FAFSA as part of the application
* Must be a US citizen and resident of North Carolina
* Must have a 2.5 or better UNWEIGHTED Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale
* Is a senior and must attend one of the 16 UNC system public universities
* Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity and community involvement
Deadline to school counselor by February 19, 2021:
_____ Picture (recommend senior or cap/gown picture)
_____ Copy of Acceptance letter to a UNC public university