Scholarships - GastonCountyScholarships.com
Welcome to GastonCountyScholarships.com! This page is the starting point for scholarship searches for students attending Gaston County Schools. We have partnered with the Going Merry scholarship website. This site has streamlined the process for scholarship applications for students. Students are encouraged to create an account. Going Merry will match you with national, state, and local scholarship opportunities based on your profile. You can complete many scholarship applications directly in the website. There are some scholarships that may link you to the scholarship application on a separate website.
Once a student creates an account on Going Merry, the student will receive matched scholarships and reminders about application deadlines. Students can see scholarships in a general list below. This list is also provided on each high school’s page. This information will replace the monthly scholarship newsletters.Some scholarships require nomination or support from school counseling staff. Please check with your high school for individual deadlines. Click here for a newsletter including these scholarships.
If you find any problems with any of the scholarship links on this page, or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Ami Parker by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Paul Fuller Scholarship- due April 1, 2021; $1000 renewable for 4 years; eligible- participated one year in the GCS Mentoring program; essay; Application linked here
(2) The Gaston County Honor Guard will award a one-year scholarship to the son or daughter of a Gaston County active, retired, or honorably discharged veteran. Proof of military service must accompany this application (DD Form 214; Retirement Orders, or Active Service Letter). The scholarship will be a $1,000.00 grant, payable $500.00 for 1 st semester and $500.00 2 nd semester. Application linked here and due April 30, 2021
(3) Lots of local scholarships listed from the Gaston Community Foundation. Deadlines vary for Spring. Check them out at http://www.cfgaston.org/
(4) SECU People Helping People Scholarship 2021
Important Updates for 2021 SECU People Helping People Scholarship
* Gaston County Schools may award 8 scholarships; no longer one per high school
* Must be a member of State Employees Credit Union or eligible for membership through a parent or guardian (NCSECU will verify)
* Must file a FAFSA as part of the application
* Must be a US citizen and resident of North Carolina
* Must have a 2.5 or better UNWEIGHTED Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale
* Is a senior and must attend one of the 16 UNC system public universities
* Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity and community involvement
Deadline to school counselor by February 19, 2021:
_____ Picture (recommend senior or cap/gown picture)
_____ Copy of Acceptance letter to a UNC public university