Scholarships - GastonCountyScholarships.com
Welcome to GastonCountyScholarships.com! This page is the starting point for scholarship searches for students attending Gaston County Schools. Our master scholarship database can be found at ScholarshipPlus.com/Gaston. All scholarship information that our high school counselors have access to can be found using ScholarshipPlus.com/Gaston. At the bottom of this page are applications of scholarships listed in Scholarship Plus that are available for download. These pages should be a main source of scholarships outside of the scholarships available from your prospective college or university. It is constantly in the process of being updated because scholarship information becomes available at various times.
Detailed information about the scholarships for the links below can be found at ScholarshipPlus.com/Gaston. Some of these are applications that come to our counselors in a paper form only. We scan the paper applications we receive and create an application that be typed using your computer and post them here for downloading. Previously, these were scholarships that were only available from the school counselors at each high school. PLEASE NOTE: New applications will be added as new scholarships become available.If you find any problems with any of the scholarship links on this page, or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Ami Parker, Director of Counseling Services, at 704-810-8813 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note that there may be more than one page of scholarships listed. Please click MORE at the bottom to see additional scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Applications 2018-19
Pre-Application form due to School Counselor By January 9, 2019
- Must have 2.5 GPA Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be a legal resident of Gaston, Iredell, Mecklenburg, Rowan or Wilkes County, North Carolina
- Must demonstrate substantial need for financial assistance.
- Must have a SAT or ACT score that is equal to or greater than the state average (new requirement for this year)
- Complete all pages of this form to illustrate leadership, excellence of character, integrity, & community involvement.
- Submit a copy of Student Aid Report from a completed FAFSA form.
Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarship (3 scholarships available, same application for each)
Deadline- January 31, 2019, deliver to Dr. Ami Parker, Director of Counseling Services at Gaston County Schools Central Office, 943 Osceola St. Gastonia, NC 28054
Questions- contact Darinda Fredrickson via email at email@example.com
Important Updates for 2018 SECU People Helping People Scholarship
* Gaston County Schools may award 8 scholarship; no longer one per high school
* Must be a member of State Employees Credit Union or eligible for membership through a parent or guardian (NCSECU will verify)
* Must file a FAFSA as part of the application
Other eligibility requirements:
* Must be a US citizen and resident of North Carolina
* Must have a 2.5 or better UNWEIGHTED Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale
* Is a senior and must attend one of the 16 UNC system public universities
* Must have demonstrated leadership, excellence of character, integrity and community involvement
Deadline to school counselor by February 8, 2019:
_____ Completed application
_____ Student bio (see guidelines below)
_____ Picture (recommend senior or cap/gown picture)
_____ Copy of Acceptance letter to UNC public university
_____ Consent form (linked below) by February 8, 2019
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- Currently a senior in good standing in a Charlotte area high school
- Relocated between grades 9 and 12
- Relocated more than 50 miles and changed schools due to their family’s relocation
- Currently have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent achievement on a different scale)
All applications must be postmarked by February 28th to have time to evaluate them and make a selection.
To submit your application, essay, activities list and transcript mail to:
Attn: Jason Beane
7800 Crescent Executive Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28217
The Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship Fund benefits graduating high school seniors within the Charlotte Region who demonstrate above-average ability and great interest in one or more areas of the performing arts. Two annually renewable scholarships of up to $10,000 are awarded each year. Click here for information on how to apply for the Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship.
This scholarship is provided by the local Beta Rho Chapter of the Alpha Delta Kappa Sorority.
Scholarship value is $1,000
Checklist of application materials: completed application, list of extracurricular involvement and honors, parent or guardian's endorsement, high school transcript, SAT or ACT score, two letters of recommendation, personal statement about career goals and rason for wanthing scholarship, current personal photo.
Deliver completed application by April 1, 2019 to
Dr. Ami Parker, Director of Counseling Services
Gaston County Schools Central Office
943 Osceola St.
Gastonia, NC 28054
Questions about the scholarship should be directed to
Darinda Fredrickson, contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review these scholarships with December Deadlines.
Update- the Wayne Shovelin scholarship applicaiton is due December 16, 2018. Please apply online at the link below.
Please read through the entire newsletter. The last pages have some suggestions for you as you are working through the college application process.