Scholarships - GastonCountyScholarships.com
Welcome to GastonCountyScholarships.com! This page is the starting point for scholarship searches for students attending Gaston County Schools. Our master scholarship database can be found at ScholarshipPlus.com/Gaston. All scholarship information that our high school counselors have access to can be found using ScholarshipPlus.com/Gaston. At the bottom of this page are applications of scholarships listed in Scholarship Plus that are available for download. These pages should be a main source of scholarships outside of the scholarships available from your prospective college or university. It is constantly in the process of being updated because scholarship information becomes available at various times.
Detailed information about the scholarships for the links below can be found at ScholarshipPlus.com/Gaston. Some of these are applications that come to our counselors in a paper form only. We scan the paper applications we receive and create an application that be typed using your computer and post them here for downloading. Previously, these were scholarships that were only available from the school counselors at each high school. PLEASE NOTE: New applications will be added as new scholarships become available.If you find any problems with any of the scholarship links on this page, or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Ami Parker, Director of Counseling Services, at 704-810-8813 or by e-mail at email@example.com.Please note that there may be more than one page of scholarships listed. Please click MORE at the bottom to see additional scholarship opportunities.
Scholarship Applications 2017-18
Application due to your school counselor by May 4, 2018
Award- $2,000 annually, renewable for 4 years
1. Applicants must be seniors in a public high school in Gaston County. They must also be citizens of the United States of America.
2. Applicants are eligible to compete for this scholarship only during the year in which they are scheduled to graduate. Students requiring summer school work after normal graduation will not be eligible to compete.
3. The recipient must attend an accredited college or university and pursue a degree in education.
4. Recipient must maintain a 2.5 yearly grade point average (GPA) in order to have the scholarship renewed.
NC Resident, 3.0 or better Grade Point Average, major in Criminal Justice related field, supply Student Aid Report (from FAFSA), no felony/seious misdemeanor convictions, evidence of extracurricular activities, must be younger than 24 to apply.
Mail completed application and supporting documents to be received by May 15, 2018 to this address:
Officer Latoya Baldwin
North State Law Enforcement Officers Association
P.O. Box 2221
Greensboro, NC 27402
NC Bar Foundation Scholarship App for Children of Permanently Disabled or Slain Law Enforcement Officers
Applicant should complete Parts I-VII and send them **with your most recent academic transcript** to the Scholarship Committee at address denoted below, as soon as possible, no later than Friday, June 1, 2018. 1. Please forward your final transcript for the academic school year to the Scholarship Committee no later than Friday, June 14, 2018, [unless special arrangements have been made]. 2. MAIL TO: ATTN: YLD SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE, PO Box 3688, Cary, NC 27519 3. If questions, contact Jacquelyn Terrell, YLD Staff Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.662.7407
1. You are the natural, adopted or step-child of a North Carolina Law Enforcement Officer who was permanently disabled or killed in the line of duty.
2. You must make your first application before you reach your 27th birthday.
3. At the time you receive the scholarship, you must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student for admission in a college, vocational training school or other educational institution, approved by the Scholarship Committee of the Young Lawyers Division of the North Carolina Bar Association.
The amount awarded will depend upon many factors, including the amount available for awards, the number of applicants and the cost of the institutions including living arrangements, tuition and other sources of funding. Each application will be reviewed by the YLD Scholarship Committee on a year-byyear basis. A renewal application must be submitted each year. The Scholarship Committee cannot assure any applicant that he/she will receive an award for any certain amount, whether a first-time or renewal applicant.
Gaston County High School Counselors create monthly scholarship newsletters. Newsletters will be added to this page.
Please check your school's counseling website and scholarship newsletter for updates and any additional, school-specific information. Each high school will establish deadlines for nomination scholarships.