Scholarships - GastonCountyScholarships.com
Welcome to GastonCountyScholarships.com! This page is the starting point for scholarship searches for students attending Gaston County Schools. We have partnered with the Going Merry scholarship website. This site has streamlined the process for scholarship applications for students. Students are encouraged to create an account. Going Merry will match you with national, state, and local scholarship opportunities based on your profile. You can complete many scholarship applications directly in the website. There are some scholarships that may link you to the scholarship application on a separate website.
Once a student creates an account on Going Merry, the student will receive matched scholarships and reminders about application deadlines. Students can see scholarships in a general list below. This list is also provided on each high school’s page. This information will replace the monthly scholarship newsletters.Some scholarships require nomination or support from school counseling staff. Please check with your high school for individual deadlines. Click here for a newsletter including these scholarships.
If you find any problems with any of the scholarship links on this page, or if you have questions, please contact Dr. Ami Parker by e-mail at email@example.com.
(1) Gaston Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc Scholarship- due March 31, 2021 eligibility- 2.75 or better GPA, admission to a 4 year college/university for Fall 2021, recent SAT/ACT score, active engagement in extracurricular activities. Application is linked here.
Mail to Gastonia Alumnae Chapter
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
C/o Scholarship Committee
PO Box 1482
Gastonia, NC 28053
(2) Paul Fuller Scholarship- due April 1, 2021; $1000 renewable for 4 years; eligible- participated one year in the GCS Mentoring program; essay; Application linked here
(3) Gaston County Extension and Community Association Scholarship- due April 8, 2021, eligibility- financial need, short essay, 3 letters of reference, transcript, federal tax returns with social security number removed Application linked here. Return application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR drop off/mail to Lucille Tatum Extension Center, 959 Osceola St., Gastonia, NC
(4) The Gaston County Honor Guard will award a one-year scholarship to the son or daughter of a Gaston County active, retired, or honorably discharged veteran. Proof of military service must accompany this application (DD Form 214; Retirement Orders, or Active Service Letter). The scholarship will be a $1,000.00 grant, payable $500.00 for 1 st semester and $500.00 2 nd semester. Application linked here and due April 30, 2021
(5) Lots of local scholarships listed from the Gaston Community Foundation. Deadlines vary for Spring. Check them out at http://www.cfgaston.org/