Child Find

  • Referring Your Child for Special Education Services

    If a parent suspects that child has a disability and wants to make a referral please follow these steps:

    • For students enrolled in GCS please contact your student's regular ed teacher 
    • For students enrolled in Private School/Home School Contact the Department for Exceptional Children 
    • For students who are Preschool age please follow Preschool Referral Procedures

    For the evaluation process to begin the request for referral to be evaluated for EC eligibility must be in writing. Your student's school staff can assist you in completing a written referral.

    For further information regarding Child Find please contact GCS DEC  704-866-6160