- Discuss concerns with student's teacher(s)
- Discuss concerns with student's principal
- Request an IEP team meeting
- Contact School's Department for Exceptional Children Program Facilitator.
- Contact Department of Exceptional Children Director, Carrie Minnich, at 704-866-6173.
- Contact Exceptional Children's Assistance Center at 704-892-1321.
- Contact Assistant Superintendent over Curriculum and Instruction, Dr. Melissa Balknight, at 704-861-2673.
State LevelDispute Resolution Consultants- Updated on this site December 2019The consultants for dispute resolution work with parents, traditional local educational agencies, charter schools, state operated programs and other individuals to resolve disputes. They provide information about facilitated IEP meetings, mediation, formal written complaints and due process hearings. They also investigate formal written complaints.Teresa KingFacilitation & Formal Complaints919.807.3415 (phone)919.807.3755 (fax)
Polly LillyState Compliant Investigator919.807.3631 (phone)919.807.3755 (fax)
Deborah ThromState Compliant Investigator919.807.3520 (phone)919.807.3755 (fax)
Leigh MobleyState Compliant Investigator919.807.4159 (phone)919.807.3755 (fax)