Pre-Kindergarten 2017-2018 InformationPre-Kindergarten registration for the 2017-2018 school year will be held at the former Forest Heights Elementary School, #1 Learning Place, Gastonia. For more information, please call 704-866-6124.
The registration schedule is below:
Children registering for 2017--2018 must be:
- Saturday, May 6 - 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 8 - 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Immunizations 1:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, May 9 - 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Immunizations 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 10 - 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Immunizations 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, May 11 - 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Immunizations 1:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Friday, May 12 - 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Immunizations 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
What to bring:
- 4 years old on or before August 31, 2017
- a resident of Gaston County
The North Carolina Kindergarten Health Assessment Form will be available at pre-kindergarten office, the Gaston County Health Department, and at your local physician's office.Please note that registering a child for pre-kindergarten does not assure that the child will be offered placement. There is limited pre-kindergarten space at each of the sites, so there is not room for every child who registers. Each child who registers will be screened and children showing the greatest need for preschool will be placed first. Others will be placed on a waiting list. If your child is placed in a pre-kindergarten classroom out of your assigned attendance district, you will be responsible for providing transportation for your child to and from school.
- Proof of child's age
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child
- Two proofs of residence documents (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent, or mortgage) or residence affidavit
- Proof of income for parent/step-parent living in home with child (recent check stub is preferred)
- Current immunization/shot record
- Completed health assessment (completed on or after August 28, 2016)