Pre-Kindergarten 2018-2019 InformationPre-Kindergarten registration for the 2018-2019 school year has taken place, but we will continue to accept applications to fill slots and for the waiting list.
You may register in the following ways:
1. Print the application from the website, complete it, scan and email it and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
2. Bring supporting documents to: Forest Heights Elementary School, #1 Learning Place, Gastonia, NC 28052, and complete the application in our office.
Children registering for 2018--2019 must be:
What to bring:
- 4 years old on or before August 31, 2018
- a resident of Gaston County
The North Carolina Kindergarten Health Assessment Form will be available at pre-kindergarten office, the Gaston County Health Department, and at your local physician's office.Please note that registering a child for pre-kindergarten does not assure that the child will be offered placement. There is limited pre-kindergarten space at each of the sites, so there is not room for every child who registers. Each child who registers will be screened and children showing the greatest need for preschool will be placed first. Others will be placed on a waiting list. If your child is placed in a pre-kindergarten classroom out of your assigned attendance district, you will be responsible for providing transportation for your child to and from school.
- Proof of child's age
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child
- Two proofs of residence documents (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent, or mortgage) or residence affidavit
- Proof of income for parent/step-parent living in home with child (recent check stub is preferred)
- Current immunization/shot record
- Completed health assessment (completed on or after August 28, 2017)