Pre-Kindergarten 2018-2019 InformationPre-Kindergarten registration for the 2018-2019 school year will be held at the former Forest Heights Elementary School, #1 Learning Place, Gastonia. For more information, please call 704-866-6124.
You may register in the following ways:
1. To complete the application online, please click here. Please note: Supporting documents will still be required before the application is considered complete.
2. Print the application from the website, complete it, scan and email it and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Print the application from the website, complete it, and mail it and supporting documents, or bring it in person to: Forest Heights Elementary School, #1 Learning Place, Gastonia, NC 28052.
It is not necessary to bring your child with you unless you want the free dental screening.
If you have submitted the application online or by mail or email, you do not need to come to registration unless you are dropping off documentation or want you to have your child complete a dental screening.
The registration schedule is below:
- Monday, April 16 - 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Free Dental Screening 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Free Dental Screening 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday, April 18 - 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Free Dental Screening 8:00-11:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, April 19 - 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Free Dental Screening 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.)
- Friday, April 20 - 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (Free Dental Screening 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Children registering for 2018--2019 must be:
What to bring:
- 4 years old on or before August 31, 2018
- a resident of Gaston County
The North Carolina Kindergarten Health Assessment Form will be available at pre-kindergarten office, the Gaston County Health Department, and at your local physician's office.Please note that registering a child for pre-kindergarten does not assure that the child will be offered placement. There is limited pre-kindergarten space at each of the sites, so there is not room for every child who registers. Each child who registers will be screened and children showing the greatest need for preschool will be placed first. Others will be placed on a waiting list. If your child is placed in a pre-kindergarten classroom out of your assigned attendance district, you will be responsible for providing transportation for your child to and from school.
- Proof of child's age
- Valid ID of parent/guardian registering child
- Two proofs of residence documents (power, water, gas, cable, landline telephone, rent, or mortgage) or residence affidavit
- Proof of income for parent/step-parent living in home with child (recent check stub is preferred)
- Current immunization/shot record
- Completed health assessment (completed on or after August 28, 2017)